Thread: Our Community
View Single Post
      09-12-2013, 04:11 PM   #3
GXAlan
Rep
Drives: F10 LCI 535i SE

I agree. The beauty of the F10 is that it's a very well proportioned car that works across all age groups. You have owners in their 20's and 30's who are picking an F10 5-series over a 3-series or sports cars and you have owners in their 60's and 70's who find the comfort and luxury to be superior than anything else on the market in this price point.

In my book, the only "wrong" thing to do with vehicle modification is re-badging in the upward direction. If you bought the 528i, it looks silly to put a 550i badge on it.

Embrace the difference. The 528i has the same luxurious interior as the M5 but comes with superb fuel economy. The 535i is the Goldilocks of the series with just enough power and just enough weight to be nimble. Let's not forget that there's something intangibly satisfying about owning a BMWs with straight-6's the same way a it's statisfying to own a red Ferrari or a British green Jaguar.

If you own a US 535d, it's completely legit to keep the 535d badging. If rebadging to a 530d is something you want (the way Infiniti G owners rebadged to Nissan Skyline), that's completely appropriate too. You'd just look silly putting a M550d badge on it.

Outside of "badge upgrades", it's your car -- you should enjoy it.
Appreciate 0