535_BiTurbo
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 550I - BMS Stg 1 & CAI

Quote:
Originally Posted by MattPro View Post
Ha, when you put it like that it sounds a lot more rough

I've been considering upping my boost a bit, maybe targeting 98 octane with an E85 mix. But nowhere near your levels!

Yup, I knew I wouldn't be adding more air/boost, was just hoping to see more increases due to the better design (efficiency) of these turbos. But I bet it would only show as a small increase on the dyno after driving around on these for a while.

I'm considering that option, I will contact you guys first if I decide to pull them.

I didn't find a lot of information on these so I wanted to share my experiences, hopefully it'll come in useful to someone in the future. If only I could have a flash tune to go along with them

If you can get a flash tune I would definitely do turbos, it's amazing how much they help on those 6 cyls

Last time I checked his thread I think he was pushing +11psi over stock, where the normal BMS S2 only does +2psi, so I definitely wouldn't doubt it haha. When you're going up in boost that much I bet you would definitely see a little bit more of an increase with these installed since the stock turbos are probably designed to be optimal around stock boost levels.

But yup, running more than 100 octane is pretty crazy for my goals right now haha
BMS stage 2 aggressive is +3.5 over stock🤔
BMS stage 1 is +3 over stock

Last edited by 535_BiTurbo; 06-05-2017 at 11:28 PM..
Appreciate 0