View Single Post
      07-29-2012, 01:47 PM   #1
Chuck W.
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '95 Porsche 993 Cab

A BIG Shout Out for ItsChase (Chase) - May Thanks

Once the coding threads started I knew I had to have it. I also realized that I would cause more damage than benefit if I attempted it myself. I contacted ItsChase (Chase) and asked for help. I offered to compensate him for his time but he would have no part of it. I met him several weeks ago and he coded my F10 top to bottom.

While Chase worked on the coding and I spoke with him I realized he wasn’t just into coding BMWs. He knows the brand top to bottom and has a talent for working on them to the extent I couldn’t believe. Two of his most impressive projects were the installation of a heads-up unit on his prior E60 and the installation of a factory navigation and I-Drive on his girlfriend’s E90. Those two projects entail a vast amount of work, parts, talent and knowledge. He also has a 335I that he has modified to put out over 400 HP at the rear wheels.

Chase told me he installed soft close doors on his 2012 F10. This was an option on the 2011 and 2013 F10s but not the 2012. Chase told me to buy the units and he would install them. Again, he would not consider compensation.

So, yesterday he arrived at my house at 9:50 AM and left at 9:00 PM. (Dinner and beers and additional coding were also included in there.) The project is not for the faint of heart. He has posted a DIY that details the amount of disassembly and work that is involved in the project. Then to top it off, I bought three of the latches new and on used one off of eBay. The used one had a broken plastic piece that rendered it inoperable. No worries. After an hour plus of detailed work he was able to fix it. Unbelievable.

I have been part of the car community forums for ten years and met some great people. However, I have never met someone of Chase’s character and talent. I will give back, but I am not sure I will ever be able to reply Chase.

Thanks again.

Last edited by Chuck W.; 08-01-2012 at 10:14 AM..
Appreciate 0