View Single Post
      06-08-2012, 09:51 PM   #7
DitrasetMan
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: None

Jason,

I know we are all talking about this on http://f10.5post.com/forums/showthre...1#post12121626

but I wish there was some way to see if the 6WA for a 2013 F10 in the U.S. market is the equivalent as the 6WB (new MFID) in the European markets. Perhaps the new MFID won't be available for another year in the U.S.....

As I said in the other post:

I am hesitant to be so certain that the 6WA in the Tech Package for the 2013 F10 is not the new MFID, and I will tell you why - If you try to build a new 5 series on the BMW UK website, you can add as an option, for 115 British pounds, the "Black Panel Display," which is described as a:

"Full Black panel technology, as described on the left, but additionally with a high-resolution 9.2" Info Display below. This shows such information as current fuel consumption, range, on-board computer functions and trip and mileage counter in parallel with navigation prompts. The display features Black Panel technology, when the ignition is off, it appears as a flat, Matt Black surface. The only three-dimensional elements are the Chrome rings, open at the bottom, that encircle the display’s dials. As soon as the vehicle is opened, the Chrome rings turn into full circles, and the dials and displays appear. (Only in conjunction with Headup Display)."

And here is the kicker - guess what the BMW code is for the UK "Black Panel Display"? "6WA". Are we surrrreeee this is not the same 6WA in the U.S. Technology Package?

Thoughts?

Last edited by DitrasetMan; 06-08-2012 at 10:26 PM..
Appreciate 0