View Single Post
      02-14-2013, 05:39 PM   #6
avelvin
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW G30 530d M Sport xDrive wi

'The X Men', I am not sure of the original composite materials of the 530 D M Sport braking system, but I remember talking to the dealership and saying that I would understand the issue if they were carbon ceramic brakes like a Ferrari 458, but I know that this is not the case on the M Sport cars and they agreed.

All I do know, is that so far all the squealing has finally gone after nearly a year of horrible noises.

I think this is a wider problem that BMW are happy to cover up. I am a very detailed and pedantic person and cannot accept problems like this, my guess is that most people would put up with the issue, but just because they do does not make it right; correct ????

I have a horrible whistling noise coming from the centre air vent in the car which the dealer cannot cure and agree that it is totally annoying, but I fear that if they take this further then they probably will fix the issue but cause a number of rattles in the process as they say they would have to look at replacing the heater matrix so for now I am having to live with it !!

I have had 7 BMW cars and this is the best and nicest so far that I have had, but it is also been the most unreliable and fraught with problems and niggles that I have not experienced before. Maybe standards are slipping a bit ??

By the same token, my wife has a high spec 1 series that we had specced and built from the factory, and whilst it is not 5 series quality it has been 100% perfect so far and as only been back to the dealer once in 2 1/2 years.
Appreciate 0