View Single Post
      09-09-2013, 03:00 PM   #8
horizonbmws
Rep
Drives: Various

Quote:
Originally Posted by B33M3R View Post
http://webarchive.nationalarchives.g...-headlamps.pdf

Do you think it might be the 2 - 3 MOT's you're throwing their way influencing the outcome somewhat?

Usually it is the opposite, they are very aware that my cars are being sold to the general public and that there is a very high chance of "comeback" if/when their car develops a problem of some sort.

In a real world situation I would bet that the beam produced from a Xenon burner in a Halogen projector (on the F10) would be just as good as the Xenon factory beam. Where people have gone badly wrong is fitted a HID kit to a headlamp type that bounces the beam around the headlamp to produce a light pattern.

There is also the question as to whether the MOT tester can tell whether the light type is Xenon or Halogen, alot of these Ice white halogen bulbs will give a similar look to Xenon from a projector lamp, and it is a 100% fact that the MOT tester will not make any effort to find out which type of lighting a car has.

I would do it and make sure the beam is ok and safe before deciding to stick with it, at the end of the day the only reason you are doing it is for better vision in the dark and therefore safety.
Appreciate 0