View Single Post
      05-29-2014, 10:02 AM   #14
K-A
Nice
Rep
Drives: Porsche Macan S SportDesign

Quote:
Originally Posted by Russkey View Post
I'm 6'6 tall and I know exactly what you mean. There's not much headroom in 5 series but it doesn't bother me that much. It's hard to believe that there's more headroom in 911 but it's true!
Ahh, was hoping to hear from someone who's 6'6! I assume that my torso is more akin to a 6'6 person. I can live with it as well, to be honest. Yes it sometimes gets annoying or uncomfortable when I focus on it, but I drove my F10 around for almost a year and simply felt overwhelmingly comfortable in the car, before I started focusing on the headroom thing. My MAIN concern isn't comfort, as the car is still very comfortable as long as I don't try and sit too upright, it's mainly safety. I've gotten paranoid while driving the car now considering how close my head is to so many hard points. I can only hope that the belt buckle holds us immediate and tight enough since even a centimeter of a jump up could do damage, and that the side airbags go high enough since my head is almost practically aligned with the grab-handle.

Very sad that such a big car is so tight up top. All Euro midize Luxury Sedans seem to have the same cramped headroom. It's really putting a hamper on what I can get next. My options seem like: SUV (I refuse, can't stand them as my primary car and could never find passion in one like I do a car), really expensive car (GC, 7 Series, S Class, 911, etc.), or a really cheap/basic Economy Car (I sat in a Nissan Sentra yesterday and guess what..... more than ample headroom).
Appreciate 0