View Single Post
      06-26-2012, 05:36 AM   #65
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Well, this is now bordering on the ridiculous so I'll have to slam it shut here. My original post was:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
Other than it being a roadster with doors that slid down into the frame what is unique about the car? The construction design of a "self-supporting monocoque" with plastic body panels had already been pioneered by General Motors and put into production with the 1984 Pontiac Fiero and continued in production well into the 1990's under the guize of Saturn cars.
I found this little gem yesterday. The day of the BMW press release Auto Week Magazine wrote this:

By: Davey G. Johnson

"Strange as it might seem, BMW cribbed one from General Motors' Pontiac Fiero playbook—the plastic body panels are all removable."

Read more: http://www.autoweek.com/article/2012...#ixzz1yskkU61S

So go have your argument with Auto Week Magazine. The writer Davey Johnson and I both understand engineering and automotive history; you apparently don't.

And learn the meaning of the word "with".

Hopefully you understand the term "cribbed". But just to save you some time: Cribbed - transitive and intransitive verb - to steal somebody's ideas or work.

Last edited by Efthreeoh; 06-26-2012 at 06:09 AM..
Appreciate 0