View Single Post
      01-26-2013, 08:42 PM   #22
primetime1
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 550i F10

Quote:
Originally Posted by passer68 View Post
As someone else stated, don't worry about the absolute numbers, the number you should pay attention to is the difference from stock to tuned on the same dyno.

I see two problems with your dyno graph. The first is that the stock pull is not your car and was done months before. While the same dyno, you want to eliminate as many variables as possible. The temperature, humidity, fan speed and oh yeah, it's not your car are all different.

Second, your car only had an increase of 34 ft/lbs of torque and 46 of hp. Those should be around 100 and 85 respectively according to the Dinan website (I already subtracted 15 percent from claims since their numbers are at the crank).

The best would have been to do back to back pulls with your car but even so, your increase in torque and hp are way low.
I understand and because of this I've asked them to do another pull.. They claim that using the Mustang Dynojet we loose about 23% of power between the engine and the wheels...

I will do a few more pulls and if the numbers dont get better I will have a talk with Dinan

I am doing exhaust now and was thinking of going to stage 4 but if the numbers dont make sense I might just stop here... Is there anyone from Dinan on this forum?
Appreciate 0