View Single Post
      09-16-2010, 12:54 PM   #7
satijntje
Rep
Drives: 530D GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by jadnashuanh View Post
Germany is one of the places where you can buy your BMW with options a la carte. Non-leather seats, no sunroof, etc. are in the base vehicle. Plus, they have 4 different engines and rear or X-drive. At the NYC autoshow, BMW told me the diesel GT would be here in 2011. They didn't say when in the year, and I neglected to ask if that would be rear or x-drive or both. I'm assuming it would be the 530d, but it could be the 535d (I'd rather the 530d). FWIW, the panoramic sunroof is a 1700 Euro option (about $2500). I'd much prefer forgoing a heavy hole in the roof for the additional headroom and lower center of gravity. Glass and motors are a lot heavier than a straight metal roof and all in the wrong place.

Out of curiosity, have you measured fuel economy on the diesel? On the Euro cycle, it is rated at 42mpg (6.7L/100km) on the extraurban cycle (highway). The bigger difference is the urban rating, which is in the high 20's, combined 34 or so in mpg.
Fuel consumption is about 8.5 lrt/100km 50% country side, 25% motorway, 25% city.

In the beginning, after I picked up the car in Frankfurt, I drove mainly motorway, and had a fuel consumption of 7.3 ltr/100km.

Not bad for a 2000kg car (my X5 consumed 12 ltr/100km).

We in Germany do not have an alarming system standard on board, but cars in Luxemburg do have one in their standard configuration, as it is an obligation from the insurance companies.

Greetz from a cold Germany

John
Appreciate 0