dzz
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2015 BMW 535xi, MHD Stage 2+

Garage List
2015 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by David_Vasha View Post
Do you have the Xdrive function turned off by xdelete when you run xhp stage 3 with an engine tune? I've heard that the Xdrive components such as the transfer case can wear down and break when pushing jt like this. I don't know maybe I'm wrong on this. Someone enlighten me please
I haven't used Xdelete because it can potentially introduce new set of problems, but I researched it a bit. My concern was premature clutch wear and this was the response I got from Xdelete support team:

"There is no increased wear on the clutch pack, as long as you follow the recommendations of the manual about the different modes listed in chapter 4, page 13 and the workload, starting chapter 5, page 15.

https://www.xdelete.app/fileadmin/user_upload/xdelete/xdelete_manual.pdf"

If you have information about increased wear of transfer case components, please let me know. All tunes are pushing the boundaries of the hardware they are made for, so I wouldn't be surprised if there is potential issue with transfer case components. To their credit MHD and XHP support their tunes working together so there is interoperability which is supposed to reduce increased wear of related components.
Appreciate 0