10-19-2012, 07:30 PM   #2
BMWrules7
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2015, 740 LdX, Alpine White

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oleg
Need an advice:

My 2011 535 ix have been experiencing a well known issue pulling to the right, 2 dealerships performed multiple alignments with no success. Finally BMW sends a tech who finds a bent control arm.

Now BMW wants me to sign a release to proceed with a "goodwill repair". I dont know yet what kind of release and why, this was a message left on my phone. I speculate that they do not cover bent control arm under warranty but willing to repair it since I have had this issue for a long time.

What surprises me is why previous attempts to repair did not detect a bent control arm, and why I now to have to sign a release thus relieving BMW from any issues that may happen after it....First time when I complained about pulling to the right the car had less than 1,000 miles.
Don't, under any circumstances, sign anything. Tell BMW to fix it under warranty or otherwise tell BMW to describe the damage in detail and put it in writing then submit a claim to your insurance carrier.

If your insurance carrier balks because they feel the control arm is not damaged, but is somehow defective then tell your insurance company to put that in writing.

Next, if both are pointing fingers then someone is acting in bad faith. Go to a good independent shop and pay their best tech for one hour to review the issue. Ask him to put his findings in writing---he will be the tie breaker.
Appreciate 0