View Single Post
      12-03-2015, 10:34 PM   #108
Teddylongtooth
ZEROdoubleZERO
Rep
Drives: 2011 550i m sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by TJBentley View Post
Okay cool good point made that company is based out in Brazil so if it went bad, it would basically be money wasted. I've got two Skar audio 12 inch subs. The vvx version 1. They're dual 4 ohm subs rated at 600 rams watts each but if you search YouTube you can see them taking a beating on much more than that daily. And at least you have some space left over in the trunk. If anything you could always put stuff in the back seat. Are you going to leave the rear speakers in? I notice a lot of people are against rear speakers and focus more on front stage but I definitely would like to keep my rears. Also, I'm probably going to make the port of the box through the ski hole but what happens if the rear armrest is up and the port hole is there? Would the bass get totally lost
I think the SQ'd amp will work for those, but your limited on how much power you can push as you already found out. I'm keeping my rear speakers and prolly won't be changing the fronts for awhile. The port thru the ski hole won't work in your car, it will not have an uneven sound as the subs will be in the trunk and the bass will be louder at the tuning frequency because it will be directed into the cabin while the other frequencies will be in the trunk. You can point the port and the subs towards the ski hole but they can't be separated like you mentioned. Yes you will lose your sound if you close the armrest not totally but it make a big difference in output while it's down. Our sealed up back seats really screw the option for a subwoofer in our cars, it's prolly why bmw didn't put a sub in the trunk and nobody makes one for our car. In my opinion a band pass box ported thru the ski hole is the only option without having major problems with vibration or cancellation. Wait till I get mine done so I can confirm it is the better option.
Appreciate 0