United_States
Rep
Drives: Made in Bavaria

Garage List
2021 BMW X3e  [0.00]
2016 BMW M4  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by P-Town550i View Post
You can go stage 4 without the intercoolers, but you wont gain anything from the stage 3 tune. There is very little difference in tunes between stage 2 and stage 4. The power bump comes from the hardware (exhaust/intercoolers). The tunes simply optimize the performance of the new hardware.
Thanks I have Stage 1 plus an aftermarket exhaust [Eissenmann Race] os I think I'd get some bump/gain/optimization as you say no?
Quote:
Originally Posted by buildbright View Post
You may get similar M5 performance in a straight line but not anywhere near to the handling or braking performance. I think the 550 is a great car but it's no M5 that's silly.
Yes the F10 M5 will outperform a F10 550i (Stage 4 or above tuned) on a track due to its upgraded/performance bits (suspension/brakes/DCT etc) but with upgraded parts on a F10 550i (suspension, Dinan tune/Intercoolers/BBK) then I think the 550i would acquit itself adequately against the M5 for 99% of most drivers on the street legally. Now of course the track is a whole different environment and of course the 550i will NOT and cannot be expected to be an M5 in that arena.
'10 BMW X5M (Black/Black) - gone not forgotten
'08 BMW M3 (Space Gray/Black) - gone not forgotten
Appreciate 0