View Single Post
      07-04-2014, 11:26 AM   #17
SonicEndeavor
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2014 535i MSport

Quote:
Originally Posted by F10Enthusiast View Post
All right, thanks again for the info. I guess I've learned my lesson for the next time I get a 5 series. For now, I'll just stick with springs and maybe swaybars if they are availible for XDrive. I was really disappointed when I couldn't find a single DHP in my area to test drive (you would think that in Canada, people would love the comfort+ option for our crappy roads).

Thanks again for all your help!
Just be careful with the springs only approach. What you end up with is a mismatch between the springs and dampers(struts). Also, springs lower the car which doesn't allow the OEM dampers to work in their full range which will shorten the life of the dampers. Many have done this and it seems to work for most of them, but just be aware of the downsides. Budget allowing, consider coilovers which will give you matched springs and struts.
If you do go with only springs. ACS springs are considered the best for the F10.