View Single Post
      11-09-2006, 03:03 PM   #13
obLu
Major
Rep
Drives: 330i 6MT ZSP

Wii is going to be readily available because Nintendo's already admitted that they'll make a small profit off each unit sold, instead of the 360/PS3 model of losing money on hardware to sell software.

My take on the shortage is hype marketing. Even if they could manufacture enough, they'd sell more units if they had them sitting on shelves for the christmas season but people'd forget about it pretty quick afterward. Instead draw out your interest by trickling them into stores and keep people hungry to get one. Especially when you're loosing money on each unit produced. Maximize that launch hype.

Worked on me anyway. I wasn't going to bother with the 360 until they were readily available, but because of all the demand, I got hooked and had to have one.

I'm trying to resist the draw of the PS3. It's already damn expensive, the additional annoyance of trying to score one and the Wii being readily available? Sony will get to say they sold out but ultimately I think Nintendo will steal the show like they've done with the DS Lite.

Eventually I know I'll have to have a PS3 for the F1 game. Used to be for GT, but Forza was pretty damn good.
Appreciate 0