08-23-2010, 04:08 PM   #42
Rafyel
Dymanese
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 550xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ghueser View Post
Dymanese - When I got a copy of the order last Friday afternoon, 6VC did not show as being blocked. Neither was the selling price. However, based on your latest information, it woould seem that week 37 is the safe bet and have sent an e-mail to my dealer, telling him that I would like to be moved to that date.

Unlike your situation, the Combox was annouced the very day that my car rolled off the prodcution line and was little I could do, not knowing that BMW was going to make this change. I thought about the implications of not getting the latest hardware, but made the decision that these features, and future upgrades later, were too important to ignore. I want to have these features because I usually keep a car at least 7 years and as such, think the combox will be able to support phone, Bluetooth, Ipod, ...you name it, well into the future.

Appreciate your additional feedback and the heads up this afternoon.

No worries. Others have also stated on the forum that their paper-work showed "blocked" for the 6vc feature. Although I'm eager to get my new baby I can wait to ensure I get what I want because I too usually keep a car 7+ years.

IIf had not contacted my dealer who contacted BMW directly then my dealer would have excerpted the car under the impression that it would have the new equipment based on the order originally being slated for September 'week 37'. This post inevitably caused my CA's Sealed Manager to contact BMWNA Product Manger directly for clarification of September orders. They had others who canceled theirs orders as well just to get the new equipment.

2009 335i Coupe - Sapphire Black Metallic [Saddle Brown, Poplar Gray]
Premium /// Sports /// StepTronic /// Heated /// Nav /// Sat /// iPod & USB /// HD Rad /// Logic7
Appreciate 0