06-19-2012, 08:25 AM   #50
Clifton
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Cars with tires

Quote:
Originally Posted by Efthreeoh View Post
Oops you caught me! Yeah that's where I found the picture too. Maybe a bit more research on your part would have had you post this from the website too: (hey you made it about the car, not me)

Fiero facts:
garbage and more garbage

BTW none of the crap you've posted has countered my original position that the Fireo and the Z1 are both Monocoque-frame, Bolt-on Plastic-Paneled cars. BMW infers the concept was some great achievement on thier part, when GM came up with the idea in the 1970's and sold a mass-production car using the technology starting in 1983 (the first Z1 was delivered in 1989). GM then started a new car company with the technology, and also developed and sold a minivan using the same space-frame technology. BMW built 8,000 hand-built units. Wooptie -F'n- doo.

A little more research on your part and you'd have found that GE Plastics out of Pittsfield Mass. developed and produced most of the Z1 body panels...

But I digress...

And this pic of the fasionable late '70s designers!
ENINTY/CASPER/Efthreeoh,
Have you ever stopped and actually thought about why you were banned from this board, not once, but twice. You really should.

No one cares about manipulated performance data of Fiero in a BMW forum. I'll remind you that the thread title is "The BMW Z1 Turns 25. Back to the Future". Yet every post from you has been about a turd on wheels called the Fiero. We can all recognize that some members of this society have bad taste, but repeated viewings of someone digitally osculating them self over a Fiero is kind of sad.

Since your feathers are ruffled that I never countered, let's revisit my third post. There you will find that I kicked the legs out on the Fiero was first belief. Spoiler alert, GM was not the first.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifton View Post
I think if I were going to spend as much time as you have to pollute a thread, I would at least try and be correct with my history. For example, the Fiero was not the first monocoque-framed car. I would tell you who was, but as a growth opportunity, I think you should research for yourself. Further, plastic body panels were already in use on cars well before the Fiero.

Appreciate 0