View Single Post
      06-28-2012, 08:59 PM   #66
fuddman
Major
Rep
Drives: 528-maybe

Quote:
Originally Posted by crl8474 View Post
My issue occurred on Tuesday. I'm 5 minutes from my office when I hear what sounds like a jet engine roaring under the hood - it literally sounded like a large turbine at full boost but I was doing 20 mph. I slowed down, came to a stop and the sound gradually disappeared. I then started to drive again and the sound didn't return. After stopping at the next stop light, I pull into the intersetion when I hear a loud clunk and the drivetrain malfunction message appears. I immediately turn off the car and restart but it will only studdar and now the drivetrain error message is replaced by a fuel system malfunction message and then a start/stop disabled error message. The car died immediately. Had it towed to the dealer but haven't gotten the official word yet. My 90 day old 535i has 8,000 miles.

I moved to the 535i because I had major issues with my n54 335i including 3 hpfp's, injectors, a/c evaporator leak, an unfixable brake squel, and a failing turbo. Now I feel like an idiot for staying with BMW.
If it's any consolation, BMW treated me well for my similar 535 problem and I think they'll do the same for you. It took a while, but now I'm in an X5d and happy. Keep track of the time it's in the shop and get to know the service manager. He needs to be on your side if this becomes a continuing issue.
Good luck.
Appreciate 0