View Single Post
      09-03-2014, 10:02 PM   #71
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 550i xDrive

I don't know why many people wants that edgy feel from a 5 series. The 5 series now is the same size as the previous 7 series. The 3 series now is the same size as the previous 5 series.

The difference between the settings in the F10 are dramatic. I can easily tell blind folded. Unless you lost all your senses, the car behaves drastically different between comfort and sport. You can immediately tell the difference as soon as everything tightens up or relaxed. Yes, it's not as high strung as a 2004 M3 but it's not a tiny car and purposely designed to be comfortable. If you want high strung, edgy, athletic feel then you need to look at 1, 2, 3 and 4 series. The 5 was specifically designed and marketed for comfort and luxury.

The last 5 I owned before this one was a 1998 528i. Sure, it was a lot more connected and I can toss it around more. However, that car is nowhere near the size, luxury or comfort the F10 has. In reality, the F10 behaves much better on the road. The only problem is that you just feel less of the road. Unsurprisingly, the newer 3 series feel almost exactly like my old 5 series minus the electric steer.
Appreciate 0