View Single Post
      06-24-2015, 12:13 AM   #50
jaydiem8
Rep
Drives: 535i

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzbullseye View Post
I finally got around to resetting the brake service indicator in the hidden menu. I had a similar experience where i had to try 5 or 6 times to get both the front and rear indicator to reset. Before the last attempt, I released the parking brake, and when I retried after that I finally got the "reset successful" message. Not sure whether the parking brake was the key, or if it just finally worked after multiple attempts...
Unfortunately I still get "reset unsuccessful" message every time i attempt to reset my rear brakes. I'm able to reset the oil, vehicle check, and front brakes with "reset successful" Tried with parking brake ON and OFF. I recently changed the rear brake pads, all is good. Didn't get the red BRAKE light on the dash, until I was down to 500 miles remaining based on the rear brake pad service indicator. Now I get the annoying prompt to drive moderately to have rear pads changed. In reality I've already changed with new rear pads. The only thing I didn't do was put in new rear brake sensors, I re-used the old ones. I have new brake pad sensors on the way, hopefully I'll be able to reset after I put them in. Is the root cause the old sensors? The front I swapped in new sensors, since the pads came with it. The rear pads didn't come with any.

BTW , i'm loving the Akebono ceremic pads. Its amazing that it produces zero brake dust. Performance is on par with stock if not better. It does squeal during the first thousand miles but eventually the noise goes away completely.
Appreciate 0