Thread: Intro
View Single Post
      09-12-2016, 12:47 PM   #1
QCM5
Rep
Drives: 2011 550

Intro

Thought I would drop in and say pleasure to meet you fellow enthusiasts. I live in Charlotte and recently picked up a 2011 550i 6-speed at Hendrick. I'm assuming it was turned in basically after the warranty expired since the one-owner car now only has 54k. It's there now receiving a rear soft-close door motor ($900) and also getting the wheels refinished and some paint blemishes removed that were promised pre-delivery. Knowing the many 'improvements' of the N63TU I wanted to hold out but it was a local 3-pedal car and they are somewhat of a rarity.

My other money pit (S/C E39 M5) is patiently awaiting a rebuild so the F10 is the current daily. As much as I love the 550, I already miss the raw visceral experience of the M5...the sound, connectivity, feedback, excitement. The 550 is akin to a lazy-boy tethered to an aircraft carrier catapult...a drama free tugboat on steroids yearning to be unleashed.

Plans:
- alpina or custom snails
- custom fab intake
- CDV delete (just installed, thx Dave Z)
- deep dish concave 20s (still looking...)
- downpipes, maybe M5 mufflers
- BMS stage 2/3
- H&Rs

Why is BMW so adverse to functional cup holders? Manual cars get a Rube Goldberg-esque contraption that barely holds a feather in place. If you go around a corner at anything over .01G it tosses its contents.

Anyway, look forward to contributing what I can to the community.
Attached Images

Appreciate 2
BurrNinja430.50
sonus47.50