View Single Post
      08-16-2012, 11:04 PM   #7
HDEddie1
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: X5 40i, X3M40i, Audi SQ5

M Sport and DDC

Not sure how the F10 is configured for your region but for NA, but from what I've read on various forums, M Sport and Sport Package options DID NOT alter spring rates OR ride height over the stock F10. The shocks, however, were does all the work when DDC option is included. I can definitely feel the difference as I change setting with DDC (ie from comfort to sport +).
My E60 with sport package DOES sit lower (compared to non sport package E60s) and my F10. My e60 sport package rides "sporty" full time since the shocks are not adjustable. My F10, when in comfort mode, rides like a big Buick...it just floats. (Which works for me on some of the bad roads I see)

Whichever F10 you chose, be sure to check out the DDC feature and DHP (for the active roll stabilization) if handling is important to you. For ride height, wait for BMW to offer lowering springs (unlikely) or go with aftermarket springs.
My F10 M sport looks like its about 2-3" higher when parked next to my older E60. And the tire gap is huge (!) even with the 19" wheels and low profile tires.
Good Luck
Appreciate 0