View Single Post
      03-25-2012, 08:30 PM   #2
wdimagineer
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 M

Joey -

Which packages did you order? I'm not familiar with Canadian ones, so I would double check. Were you able to unlock the doors by just touching the handle? If so, the trunk lock might have been engaged inside the center console.

Sometimes on mine I'll actually make contact with the sensor underneath the car. Usually kicking does the trick. Once you've done it once successfully it's pretty easy after that.

As for the dirt - I can't say this is normal, but keep in mind that your car arrives on a vessel with hundreds of other cars. The act of unloading is no easy feat and the porters are rushing to get the cars off and to the VPC in time. Prior, they're removing the load straps that secure the cars in place, undoing the tow hook, etc. Those parts can get dirty. Because of the speed, this unfortunately means they may not wash their hands. They may also not be wearing gloves, etc.

The dealer should detail everything. Make notes of what is bothering you and bring it up with them. I'd also do several walkarounds of the vehicle to make sure everything looks to your satisfaction. Check paint, wheels, door edges, inside the door handles, etc. My car had several scratches inside the interior driver door handle (from rings, etc.) and I made them replace it.

In terms of compensation, probably nothing you can do. Honestly a vehicle is no longer "new" the minute it leaves the factory (in my opinion), and unless you're picking it up outside the factory door, stuff is going to happen. They should work with you, though. Maybe some free swag?