View Single Post
      08-18-2010, 04:13 PM   #3
AMP
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E34, E39, & E60 M5; E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khurram View Post
So I was about to close in on a selling price of 1300 over invoice.
Then while talking to my salesman the following was added on:

875.00 Destination fee
300.00- MACO fee
Destination is legit and part of the "sticker price" (and you'll see it itemized there on the sticker). It's part of the dealer invoice price at $875.

MACO is a marketing co-op fee that is charged by BMW to the dealer. It's different in each market, but it is completely legit. If you have the dealer go into DCS and print out a copy of the wholesale vehicle inquiry you'll see it listed in the "Invoice" column, but not the MSRP column.

Quote:

These two are supposedly combined with the selling price but were not included in the 1300 over invoice price I had negotiated.
If you negotiated $1300 over invoice then your price should be the total invoice price off of that wholesale vehicle inquiry plus $1300. It will include destination and MACO.

Quote:
Then:

725.00 Bank fee
175.00 Motor vehicle tax
275.00 Connecticut state Conveyance fee

These costs are all in the drive off fees + 1st month payment.

Am I getting hosed w/ any of these fees or are they all legit? I'm pretty sure about all of them except the MACO fee and Conveyance fee.
I can't comment on the CT taxes, but I would assume that they are legit as the dealer would be in hot water making these up.

The Bank fee is what most people (including BMWFS) call the acquisition fee and is charged by BMWFS @ $725 to the dealer. They are then allowed to mark this up $200. The fact that they aren't marking it up tells me that they are trying to be very above-board and not greedy.

Sounds like a great deal to me... go for it!
'08 M6 Coupe Stratus/Black
'03 M5 Sedan Imola Red/Black (sold)
Appreciate 0