View Single Post
      09-26-2012, 06:48 PM   #5
Tuesday
Frequent Flyer
Rep
Drives: 535LCI

There are a lot of coding possibilities depending on the year and features of your car.

Some of the most popular requests are:

DVD in Motion (Play DVD's on the main screen while driving *dangerous* but popular)
Seatbelt reminder disable (dealers can also do this for you in some countries)
Auto Start/Stop memory (If you want it off, push the button once and it will remember until you hit it again, even through ignition cycles)
Navigation Legal Disclaimer removal (no more hitting OK every time you drive off)
Digital Speed reading on gauge cluster (useful if you do not have HUD)

That's a very short list off the top of my head, but there are a lot more possibilities. Lot's of guys on this forum do this type of coding and are amazing at it. So even if you are not in SoCal, this is all possible for you.

I also do retrofits. I've done soft-close-door conversions on two F10's (wasn't an option in 2012) - the rest of my experience is with E6x and E9x. I've done navigation (even complete dash swaps on E9x including new wiring for CID & ZBE), LCI light (front and back), LMA/FRM upgrades, HUD (will hopefully do this soon on my F10), iPod adapters and others I'm not thinking of.

I have dealer software also that allows me to run diagnosis of every module in your car if something is wrong. This doesn't really apply because all of our F10's are under warranty. But if something unorthodox caused a CEL or triggered an airbag light, I can turn those off and tell you why it happened (approximately).

This is a hobby for me, I don't charge because that would take the fun out of it. I'm kind of obsessed with BMW's so it is my pleasure to help out when/where I can.
Appreciate 0