06-17-2013, 03:49 PM   #11
SomeRandomer123
Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: F30 328i Luxury - Sport Auto

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_rangdo View Post
Well, engine mounts have been changed and things are much better. You can put your feet on the floor now and not feel like they're being vibro-massaged.

The 70mph wheel balance issue really was wheel balancing (go figure). I've used the same garage for years without a problem, so whether their machine just isn't up to the job of big wheels or not I don't know. Used another place my neighbour swears by.

All 4 wheels were out, and in particular my front offside that was fitted with a new Pirelli P7 Cinturato recently and had no weights on at all. I queried it at the time of fitting but they swore the tyre was so perfect it didn't need any weights. And with all the engine vibration issues the balance issue moved down the priority list a bit. It's got weights now and the 70mph shimmy has gone.

Yet again though, when initially reporting to the dealer the investigation stopped as soon as they spotted a buckled wheel and assumed that fixed it (can't have road-tested and not noticed it wasn't fully resolved unless their limbs are devoid of feeling). Fair enough the balancing wasn't of their doing but it should have been noticed.

All I've got to do now is copy music to the new SSD drive I had to buy as my old one decided to start doing a Norman Collier yesterday (to much cursing thinking iDrive was being stupid) and as of today is DOA.

And I'll then be back to car enjoyment ready for the Silverstone trip in 2 weeks. TFFT
Great news!

AND SILVERSTONE!! Will be there myself too!! Cannot wait.

Gone: 2006 BMW E60 520d SE 6MT
Gone: 2009 BMW E90-LCI 330d SE 6MT
Current: 2012 F30 328i Luxury 8AT
On Order: 2015 Audi A6 Avant Ultra, Black Edition (sorry!)
Appreciate 0