Colonel
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: F10 528i

Garage List
2011 F10 528i  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by IE92 View Post
I was at the gas station today when I realized one of the splitters on my 3D design M-sport front lip was shattered. I have absolutely no idea how it happened either. Could have been a pothole or maybe some debris on the freeway.

If you are low on coilovers like I am you will definitely have issues with scraping. The 3D M-sport front lip is lower and sticks out further than the paper box you are using.

I think not having the splitters would make it much less likely to scrape though.
Sorry to hear this Evan. I am surprised to know the splitter got shattered as it's made of carbon fiber. Are you getting a replacement?

Thanks for you insight. Since I am only on H&R springs and not that slammed, I hope it will be fine. I am only going for the lip and not the splitters.

From my test I used a 30mm high box and I got advice from 3DDesign that the lip is 15mm in height. So I guess pretty much I am safe. Lip will be arriving in a week on so. Let's see how it goes. Thanks again, Evan, for your advice.

2011 F10 528i Black Sapphire / Oyster Black
2000 E46 325ci Cabrio Titanium Silver / Black - retired
1997 E36/7 Z3 Montreal Blue / Black - retired
Appreciate 0