View Single Post
      12-22-2011, 08:36 PM   #909
HPFREAK
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: C6 ZO6

Ya I always shoot RAW+L. I am learning CS5 on my own and know how to apply blurr to the RGB layers to get better noise reduction but it does eliminate some detail even though all the write ups say it doesn't. I am going to try out both DxO as DC suggested and NIK Dfine.

I know the 7D's sensor is not any beter but it does have so many other great features like the virtual Horizion like the 60D if I remember.

Quote:
Originally Posted by The1 View Post
the rangefinder on the 7D is impressive, and it has the nice grid lines built in. The autofocus is a vast improvement from most other Canon's.

So i'll never discourage you from getting it

but the sensor and ISO handling is basically the same as on the T2i, so if you don't like it on there, you won't like it on the 7D But again, you can compensate for it by exposing to the right, and in your post processing as well. So depending how you're doing with your post processing at this point in time, there will be more ways to take care of business

what are you using to post process? And are you shooting in RAW/CR2?
Agreed that pic has nice bokeh. Some like the smooth bokeh like me, but others really like that nervous Bokeh Zeiss lenses give out. That can be cool to create a different tone and mood, also it seems to enhance that 3D effect you can get from shallow DOF. I saw a few pics done of a cut tree and he shot the remaining 3ft stump sticking out in an angle at 1.8 and with that nervous looking bokeh it really looked like it was jumping out of the picture.

I do plan on getting the 1.4x TC for sure. Will be a must with the Full Frame body I think as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcstep View Post
A 7D would be wonderful with your 70-200mm and even better when you add a 1.4x TC.

I shot this with that set up (look at that bokeh!):
Here are a few sunset shots I was able to get recently. They were pretty rushed. The first 1 was taken after i pulled over on the way home and shot it out of my window with the 15-85 I had for a week. 2nd pic was with kit lens another night. I love that pink hue we have been getting lately here. Must be all that smog. The last 2 pics were with the 70-200 and I just barely got out to an area in time to catch a little bit of the light before it went. I had to rush those and forgot that the camera was in manual on one and it over exposed a lot so i adjusted a little, but when I tried to adjust it anymore I started to get artifacting for some reason. ANyway these are the best I have been able to come up with so far. I wish I had more time to get out there and shoot and travel a little to some nice spots here CA. I want to get up to Big Sur and Mammoth when the spring run off is going on.

IMG_8306 by BMG130, on Flickr

IMG_7970 by BMG130, on Flickr

sunset-12-18-11-2 by BMG130, on Flickr

Sunset-12-18-11 by BMG130, on Flickr

Last edited by HPFREAK; 12-22-2011 at 08:46 PM..
Appreciate 0