View Single Post
      01-16-2014, 09:03 AM   #45
HighlandPete
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: BMW F11 535i Touring

Quote:
Originally Posted by zzzbullseye View Post
Before the howling masses launch into opinionated diatribes about "I would've made them send me a new engine..", or "I woulda told those assholes...blah, blah, blah..." I (and for the most part, the dealership) have no real ability to influence how BMW chooses to resolve the issue via warranty. The dealership can give their opinion, but ultimately, it's up to the discretion of BMW. I would have preferred a complete long block engine replacement, but unfortunately, that's not the route BMW chose to take....
I agree you are at the mercy of BMW.

I had an issue with my E39 540i engine under warranty, and the garage had to follow a set of checks and replacement parts before it was deemed necessary to go for a replacement engine. In my case BMW's UK engine man was directly involved. He even phoned me (as I was getting concerned about the apparent run around) to assure me if the car needed a new engine it would get one. He was willing to discuss the issues involved, from how it possibly failed (from my description), the pictures he'd been sent from the garage, through to their plan of action. Incidentally in my case I got a long block replacement, one head was damaged along with one bore.

I'd assume BMW have been closely involved in your case.

HighlandPete
Appreciate 0