11-30-2017, 01:08 PM   #25
535_BiTurbo
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 550I - BMS Stg 1 & CAI

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creynolds View Post
Okay this is short sweet and to the point let's get it.

Supplies:
2 cone intakes bought from autozone 15-20$ a piece
2 flex intakes tubes- they sell them for 20$ a piece
Caulk or High heat sealer
Clamps.

Okay step one is Removing Stock intake system, to do this your easiest bet is remove the cross bars that are on either side above the intake tubes.(don't even know official nAme of these)
?
I used a 5/8ths or a 15mm socket to get the bolts out...

The intake tube is connected by simple push/slip on connections. Taking a body tool or flat head and creating a slight gap will allow you to remove the connection.
There are 3. One at the front near the radiator and kidney grills. One at the intake air box/silencer and one at the curves intake that mounts into the turbo.
Remove entire assembly up to this last connection before the intake into the turbo. The small clamps can be removed with flat head, 1/4 inch socket or 6mm.
?
Be careful when removing and installing, the intake into the turbo can be flexed and can break its small mounting plastics which will compromise your connection into the turbo.
?

Take airbox out (don't forget to unplug ur maf) and remove all torx screws. T20 I believe. And then remove the air filter. Leave the maf... reconnect the airbox pieces and screw torx bits back in. You will notice a slight gap where the airbox and silencer was. This is where your sealant will go. This is also very important that you can't leave a gap or it will produce a MAF code.
"Too much volume" typically is a great indication of a maf code produced by a intake system not properly sealed.
After it's sealed you can then reinstall your flexible tubing to your connections at the airbox.
?
I recommend removing the kidney grill to fit your cones in(only one necessary) as well as connecting your flex tubing and cone together with clamps. .. it's just too hard to fit your tubing into the cone after it's been attached to the air box.
Clamps should be applied at the cone, clamps around the flex and airbox connection and airbox into stock intake tube that runs into the turbo.

Ya this diy sucks but I have been super busy. Any questions feel free to ask anytime

Did you remove your shutter grille in front of the radiator?
http://www.n54tech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=35247
Appreciate 0