06-16-2016, 04:57 AM   #5
M6Pilot
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2015 M6 GC

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by VB5ER View Post
Got the VMR710s a little over a year ago. With the research I did seemed they weren't as "strong" as some of the more expensive options. I tend to replace rims about every two to three years if I keep a car to freshen it up so this didn't bother me. Also have the road hazard warranty that will cover aftermarket rims and tires not to exceed the cost of factory replacements. The debate on the RHW is a whole other thread, it was 900 so not a huge expense. I liked the option of being able to pick the rim color as opposed to going with a standard make, got gloss anthracite instead of gun metal or black. Costs a little extra but it was worth it. If you are going to go with VMR I would suggest calling them direct and see if they have any specials due to over production, which they can then poweder coat to your specifications. This worked out for me and I ended up only paying about 50 extra per rim instead of 100 for a custom color. Customer service was great and they worked with my local rim dealer to do the deal. But yes, as always, look out for pot holes and F-ed up roads. Let us know what you end up with, along with pics of course.
I will indeed and thank you for the comments.
Appreciate 0