06-30-2010, 02:14 PM   #27
Year's_End
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 Shelby GT350

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alpine325ci View Post
Looks like one big 3 series to me. they could have come up with a different look. i think they are just looking for an easy way out this is why im starting to dislike the new BMW's id rather buy a bone stock BMW and buy nicer looking aftermarket parts. IMO they could have done alot better, and been more creative.
I disagree.

M-Sport variants have almost always shared the same treatments, with minimal variation from class to class. The Bangle era was the exception with the E60, E8X and E9X classes looking relatively unique in M-Sport trim. This is a return to form. While not as unique, it's still clean and properly aggressive for its class. Regarding those reflectors: I think they're fine with their current position, and flow into the taillights pretty well, but I suppose they could've been lowered an inch or so. They leave the midsection of the bumper uncluttered.

I'm just not happy with the way the diffuser is shaped. It's pretty plain, and the lines around the top middle look awkward. It's not like the E92's bumper, with the reflectors and added lines in the side, and the different diffuser. You can only do so much while remaining tasteful for a production car.
Appreciate 0