View Single Post
      10-21-2012, 04:03 PM   #4
Mbbrewer
Captain
Rep
Drives: 550i

Just got back from my ED. Only got to drive the car one day, but I made the most of it. We headed south of Munich towards our first stop of Kochel and Urfeld. Had breakfast in Urfeld and kept going south towards Innsbruck, Austria. Kept going further south and hit the Italian border. Stopped in Brunico for an Espresso and then made our way back towards Munich. Ended up putting 400 miles on the car and made it back to the drop off location in Munich with 1 mile left on the range :yikes: Averaged 21 mpg with many sprints up to 120-130 and cruising around 110 on the autobahn. I wonder if the 100 octane V-Power race gas helped with that:dunno:

The 550 did not disappoint. The power is enormous and the handling was brilliant in the twisty mountain roads and VERY stable at high speeds. All in all we spent about 9 hours in the car and the cabin is very comfortable and luxurious. I could have stayed in longer but we ended up being 2 hours late for my drop off appointment. Was truly and epic experience and I loved every minute of it. Here's a few pics of our trip:

Pick up!!!

First fill up. Wish we could get this in Houston.

First stop at Kochel

Urfeld

Innsbruck, Austria

Appreciate 0