09-24-2012, 05:16 AM   #28
wdimagineer
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 X5 M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richspeeds View Post
Yeah it's no M5, but at least he doesn't have to worry about the oil pump recalls!

Seriously though, ignore the haters. Do what makes you happy, not what makes other people happy. And if Linhperfume wanted to buy a M5, I'm sure he could in the US, considering a 5 series is 100k USD in Asia, right?

Great looking car btw! Keep it up.
Neither do I. My car wasn't affected.

I said I respected the time, cost, and effort that went into the mod. And I respect his business and that he can afford to do these mods. Yes, it's his car. If he is happy that's what counts. I wouldn't be happy driving a fake. Clearly he's done it for the attention - look at the pictures! He even left the M5 badging intact on the side grilles.

What really bothers me is that no one seems to remember that this is a public forum and by uploading pictures he's opening himself up to criticism - both good and bad. I'm not hating - I'm offering my opinion. And it really irks me that other BMW drivers support this kind of thing.

You've got to pay to play in my book. Watches, cars, etc. How would Mr. Linh feel if someone started selling knock off cologne and perfume that affected his business' profits?