View Single Post
      10-18-2016, 05:42 PM   #14
Pimpsy
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2019 M5C

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boulder Bill View Post
I can't address the NJ for life component of your post for lack of first hand experience living in your part of the country.

But, if you have never driven performance summer tires, or even snow tires in all of that time in the Garden State, it would seem you lack first hand experience with regard to the topic of this post.

Just saying. . . .
Actually, the topic is how well 19" A/S hold up in NJ winters.
"How do the 19" wheels with all season tires do in typical New Jersey winter driving. Do I need to get dedicated wheels and tires, or can I get by?"
Just saying...

Answer: you can get by, winter tires are not required. 99% of cars on the road on the road in NJ run all season tires. Winter tires will always perform better, but A/S tires are designed to perform adequately during winter, hence the name "All Season". And no, they don't freeze at 44 degrees.

Almost all NJ roads are cleared and salted virtually immediately. It's uncanny really. In certain areas it probably makes more sense to get the extra grip, but it's the exception.

That said, the luxury of having both a summer and winter set of rims+tires is quite nice. It just isn't a necessity.