View Single Post
      06-08-2012, 09:49 PM   #110
DitrasetMan
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alan l. View Post
Are you kidding me??!! So those of us ordering the 2013 model is going to get shafted compared to the guys overseas.

there i was excited i waited for the 2013 model thinking i was going to get something new and now it turns out this is not the case.

Are we getting the new updated nav or is that just europe only too?

Alan
Alan,

I am in the same boat as you are. I have a 2012 waiting for me to buy it on the lot, but I have been holding off so I could instead order a 2013 with the updated nav/idrive and MFID.

Correct me if I am wrong everyone, but we are all 100% certain that the july production 2013 F10s will in fact have the updated navigation and idrive (as demonstrated in http://www.wired.com/autopia/2012/05/bmw-idrive-4x/), BUT we believe that the 2013 F10 will not have the new MFID and the "U.S. consumers won’t get a crack at the new display until next year" language on http://www.wired.com/autopia/2012/05/bmw-idrive-4x/ means that we won't see it until 2014 F10's? And, the 6WA which comes with the 2013 Technology Package is NOT the new MFID?

I am hesitant to be so certain that the 6WA in the Tech Package for the 2013 F10 is not the new MFID, and I will tell you why - If you try to build a new 5 series on the BMW UK website, you can add as an option, for 115 British pounds, the "Black Panel Display," which is described as a:

"Full Black panel technology, as described on the left, but additionally with a high-resolution 9.2" Info Display below. This shows such information as current fuel consumption, range, on-board computer functions and trip and mileage counter in parallel with navigation prompts. The display features Black Panel technology, when the ignition is off, it appears as a flat, Matt Black surface. The only three-dimensional elements are the Chrome rings, open at the bottom, that encircle the display’s dials. As soon as the vehicle is opened, the Chrome rings turn into full circles, and the dials and displays appear. (Only in conjunction with Headup Display)."

And here is the kicker - guess what the BMW code is for the UK "Black Panel Display"? "6WA". Are we surrrreeee this is not the same 6WA in the U.S. Technology Package?

Thoughts?

Last edited by DitrasetMan; 06-08-2012 at 10:26 PM..
Appreciate 0