11-05-2009, 06:55 AM   #7
EmPower
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 X5 xdrive 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkE90M3 View Post

The svelte design will be mated to BMWs current generation of engines including the increasing proliferation of turbo technology. The interior has been seen as closely mirroring what is on the new F01 7 Series as well as the F07 5 Series GT. Take my word for it, this is a VERY good thing. The interiors are at the same time elegant, beautiful, highly functional and extremly high quality. Basicly the opposite the direction Benz has taken.
The E65/66 7er interiors were the best in the business. Brushed aluminium touches, with svelte materials and a steering mounted gear stalk were properly executed to the highest quality standards and looked a million bucks!. The F01/02 just does not hold a candle to the E65... they failed miserably with the interior of the new 7. IMHO the flagship should have a different interior than the more plebian models. Benz has copied the 7er in this regard (although the whole design is a mutation of the 7er), and its interiors are a class apart in design and quality. What we are seeing here is a clone of the 7er on the inside and the outside in the F10 and F07. Sorry...BIG FAIL!!!!
19 Audi SQ5 (sold), 20 Audi S6 (sold),
22 Audi SQ5
Appreciate 0