01-28-2013, 07:16 PM   #11
alextremo
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 550i

Quote:
Originally Posted by taylorpetie View Post
I did a google search and found the following dyno results for Dinan Stage 3 on F10.
***********.com/content.php?2498-Dinan-Stage-3-F10-550i-(N63-twin-turbo-V8)-tune-hits-411-horsepower-to-the-rear-wheels

Assuming 20-25% loss to wheels, the numbers seem close to Dinan claims for Stage 3? (yes, I understand you are only at Stage 2... but between Stage 2 and Stage 3, there is only a 20hp difference ... provided you got the exhaust). Obviously, I don't have Dinan software installed and can't speak from experience. Would be interesteing if more folks got their Dinan dyno'd
That was my car, but you can't compare because I didn't do a before dyno at that shop. If you search on that forum you'll find another thread I started with similar results to primetime's. I wasn't happy with the delta at the time and was thinking the same thoughts about flashing back to stock because I didn't get the advertised gains. Not trying to justify, but one thing to remember is that (good or bad) dinan only advertise crank numbers so you can't expect to gain that much at the wheels. There is a white paper on the dinan site they will probably refer you to regarding the drawbacks of rolling road type dyno's and why you shouldn't trust their readings. Personally I still like having the data, even if the methods aren't perfect.

In the end I decided to stick with the tune since there was no other option at the time and it did have significant positive gains throughout the power band, even if they weren't as big as advertised.
Appreciate 0