View Single Post
      06-13-2007, 08:23 PM   #15
BMW2006
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Montego Coupe

I've been playing Harmonix games for years. Frequency was , Amplitude was , Guitar Hero was and Guitar Hero 2 is :rocks:. Although I often find myself playing the first Guitar Hero over the new one. The multiplayer in GH2 is far superior though.

I tried to show a couple of my friends how addictive these games can be before with Frequency and Amplitude, noone really seemed to get it. After GH was released and they played Guitar Hero though they understand, and now both of my copies of Harmonix's first games are out on loan indefinately. Although the first two games are more for the "electronic' crowd, and don't require a rockin plastic guitar to wail on, they still have a similar base concept.

I just don't have the time to get really good at the game. Passing HARD songs will have my wrists crying for mercy after a few run throughs, and I shudder to think what perfecting them is like, let alone EXPERT level.

I'm glad to have seen those guys from Harmonix going so far, Although I think GH3 might not be developed by them. I think that's going to Neversoft (tony hawk series) while they work on "Rock band". I also have heard rumours of an 80's metal only Guitar hero, how is that?

Anyways, it's the perfect beer and friends (mostly male friends, I haven't yet met a girl who digs it, but I know they are out there... most just fall asleep on the couch why we re-live our high school garage band days drinking beer and playing the same song over and over again till 2am) party game.

Who doesn't want to be a Guitar Hero?

-BMW2006
Appreciate 0