Thread: Deer Hunting
View Single Post
      01-14-2016, 10:54 AM   #5
Sharbotcom
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 535xi M Sport

Well I got baby back yesterday afternoon. She sure did look shinny (and purdy) and back to her old self sitting waiting for inspection. They did a good job. The only exception was a small red colored scuff in the windshield that was to be buffed out. It turns out it was too deep to buff out. I didn't like it left like it was and the adjuster agreed to replace the windshield. So they ordered a new windshield and I expect to be back one day next week for them to replace it. Oh well!

BTW since winter has finally arrived and we had just had a small snowfall, the roads were dirty with salt etc. and baby only stayed shinny for about a block. While she now needs a bath again, the best I'll do is a light spray for awhile until I'm comfortable the new paint has cured.

Still, after having both a Cadillac XTS and Mini Cooper Countryman S (all drive) as rentals, it is good to get back behind the wheel of a Bimmer.

Bill

UPDATE: I got the final appraisal - $16,800 and that didn't include the car rentals. I've attached the appraisal.
Attached Images
File Type: pdf Final Appraisal.pdf (592.3 KB, 2357 views)

Last edited by Sharbotcom; 02-02-2016 at 04:56 PM..
Appreciate 0