View Single Post
      09-12-2015, 10:25 PM   #9
Simple5
Major
Rep
Drives: F90 M5 and E84 X1 Xdrive35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post
Fenders that will still fit the normal F10 front bumper and not having the M5 bumper? Also Simple, can u link me where u bought the white lights and what do u think of them?
The fenders are a direct swap for oem. They are no wider than the stock fenders. I didnt want to have to deal with spacers and getting wider wheels etc. I just wanted to clean up the fender lines of the 550i where the line just kind of ends now it will end with a vent. Already purchased black and grey //M badge to get rid of the M5 badge. Don't want any of that. They are galvanized steel. I already contacted a local bodyshop and know the manager. Instead of the 75 bucks an hour rate, he is going to give me the 40 dollar an hour rate and 40% off on materials. I brought my car by and he checked out the paint. The paint swatch for the a90/Dark Graphite Metallic was a perfect match. Said that I could get away without having to do a blend of the doors and hood...

What they are going to do is a test fit. I told them that if the fenders did not fit 95-100% or if it needed too much work to get it to fit right then to just pull the plug on the spot. I also checked the washer tank for the m5 vs the regular f10's and the part numbers are the same. Unlike the e90/92/93 guys that have to swap out washer fluid tanks to get their rep fenders replaced.

https://www.uniquestyleracings.com/i...id=625&search=

There's the link for the tail lights. They look OEM and are indeed made by DEPO. The tails are good quality and this Monday I am going to take it to a tint shop and get it tinted in the LIGHTEST tint possible to give it that "blackline" look. This place has great customer service and if you hunt around there are coupon codes. I found one that knocked off 20%...

I am also going to spray the vent signal lights on the fenders with some VHT Nightshade to give it a slight tint.

To balance out my tint scheme I am also thinking of buying these for the headlights:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/370699437555...%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

Over-All I think it should look good. Hopefully by the end of the month/beginning of next month I can get all my projects done.

1) Fenders Painted and Installed
2) Tinted whitelines on
3) Slotted/Drilled Rotors installed
4) M5 front sway and 650i rear Sway installed
5) My custom lip set-up for my front bumper

Kinda sucks to have all these parts laying around with no time to install them...

Last edited by Simple5; 09-12-2015 at 11:22 PM..
Appreciate 0