View Single Post
      05-07-2010, 08:39 AM   #1
cotechia
Rep
Drives: F11 535d MSport

New to the forum... and to BMW

Hi,

I just joined the forum and the BMW world.

After a long research on many brands, many test drives on different types of cars I decided to take a look on the new X5.

My wife was bugging me for a SUV and after checking all the options, and I mean really all the options including X1 and X3 I was almost closing the deal in a Audi Q5.
I decided to give a last shot and take a look on the new X5 then we paid a visit to a new BMW dealer in the Basel, Switzerland area.

I still remember and I entered the store and the beauty GT was there. In Neptune blue, with 325 19'' wheels that was one of the most impressive cars I ever saw. Forget about X5! If we are going to get a BMW this is the chosen one.

When we entered the car the fascination just increased. That's a real luxury car. The wood finishing (that I used to hate so much) in combination with the white nappa leather was the perfect match with the Neptune blue color.

I still remember when the sales guy came with the key (can I call this remote a key?) and turn the engine on. Are you sure this is a diesel engine? so smooth... The black panel get to the live, the huge center screen tuns on and I was decided: this baby need to be mine.

What a shock when I saw the price! Oh, my god this is the price range of the new Cayenne! But you know what? The new Cayenne doesn't have a Soft close on the doors

Let's go ahead and negotiate. I want it and want it now. Ten day later I was there, to give my lovely 2008 Civic TypeR and enter the world of the german cars.

I hope to enjoy this forum and exchange my experiences with you all.
Appreciate 0