View Single Post
      06-09-2012, 05:09 PM   #11
gspannu
Major
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F10 535, F82 M4

I doubt your dealer will do this. Here is a written response my dealer got from BMW UK (in relation to the Auto Stop feature).

Quote:
Hi Barry
We are unable to change the design functionality of MSA. The customer should have been given the opportunity of evaluating this feature prior to purchase, and plays a significant part of our Efficient Dynamics programme, providing lower emissions and a lower tax bracket.
Regards
Mike.
BMW Group UK
Technical Manager
… but you never know, your dealer may fare better,

I can confirm that the DRL rear lights modification works, I have just done it to a car (30 minutes back & tested).

Regarding dealer knowing about modifications; they only know about it if you generate any error codes. So far, FRM module programming does not generate any error codes - so should not be an issue.

Reprogramming the "Kombi" module (for HUD mods) does generate an error code; and there is a possibility that the dealer may notice this - although unlikely. There is no known method of erasing these error codes (for now); hence I have put off making any modifications that require Kombi module - the rest I'm quite happy to play around...

However, the DRL change is fairly safe.