06-21-2012, 06:34 AM   #58
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clifton View Post
That is the extraordinary event that occurs with checkmate - The losing opponent can say whatever he wants to make himself feel better about his moves, however, in the end he still must acquiesce.
No. Actually what happened is, as in typical Clifton fashion, you take people's posts and add words to them, or disassociate connected ideas presented in them, then go on to try and refute what (actually was not) said. You've done this several times in this thread with my posts. So for the record I never wrote nor implied the following:

GM Fiero "pioneered" a self-supporting monocoque
GM Fiero "pioneered" a car with plastic body panels
GM Fiero "pioneered" a two seat mid-engine sports car

But you pointed to a bunch of cars, several being either engineering display models (GM's Plexiglas car), or engineering test beds (Ford's soybean car), race cars (the Porsche), or fiberglass monocoque bodied (the Lotus), etc. None of these cars counter my point.

I did say the GM Fiero pioneered a monocoque "frame" (there's a difference between monocoque frames and monocoque-body cars) with bolt-on non-structural plastic body panels. None of the cars you've pointed to are of that specific design; the BMW Z1 is however. Which is what my point has always been; that between the Z1 and Fiero, GM pioneered the concept almost 8 years before BMW and put it into production 5 years before BMW.

And also just for the record, I did not manipulate any of the Fiero data as you claim, I copied it directly from the fellow's website (go and check).

Have fun. Cheers. I'll stop all the banter, so our fellow Fourm Members can start enjoying the Forum again. Hope you can too.
Appreciate 0