View Single Post
      09-17-2012, 01:49 AM   #14
Renalt130
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: G30 540i / F15 M50d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrey
it is all digital, but like Apple said, the adapter they sell will work just fine, so i don't think there is a problem apart from the fact that most people don't like having to use adapter for their new iphone, so we all will buy new accessories
By the way, this is off topic but how much does a new fully loaded F10 550i cost in Switzerland?
Not sure about this...
- with adapter iPod out is dead. Not working due to adapter.
- unclear to me is whether iPod out works on lighting connector itself (and thus BMW "just" needs to introduce a new cradle) From what I read, it doesn't either (no analog = no iPod out), and they promote AirPlay instead (which BMW is not yet supporting). Im afraid that for all BMW owners out there today, iPod out is dead if you switch to iphone5, Cradle or no cradle, and BMW needs to find other ways to do this, if at all, which probably won't be upgrade-able easily...?

So: is this an adapter thing, or a lighting connector thing?

Another link: http://9to5mac.com/2012/09/13/lightning-connector-spec-doesnt-list-video-out-support-airplay-is-now-only-option/

550i here in Switzerland is about 100k chf, excl options. Add 15k options? Www.bmw.ch.
Appreciate 0