09-16-2015, 11:41 AM   #9
ezaircon4jc
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 540i M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas877 View Post
Hey man I actually work for Allstate, The discount ranges anywhere from 1-30%. The device can never harm your premium no matter what because like I noted earlier, it is a discount. The 4 things the device looks at is

1. driving over 80mph (does not care if you drive 79 on a school zone)
2. driving during 11pm-6am
3. driving over 12k a year
4. hard breaking ( a hard break for allstate considers breaking over 10 miles per hour in 1 sec)

The discount on the device can ONLY be taken affect at renewal if it has had a minimum of 60 days to calculate the savings.

For ex. if it is Jan 1st and the Policy renews April 1st. Then the discount will taken affect on April 1st.

For ex. If it is March 1st and the Policy renews April 1st. The discount will NOT take affect in Aprils renewal, However on Octobers. If this is your case, There would be no point in putting it on now because you are getting monitored these extra months for no benefit to your savings.

I Have a f10 535i, and I (personally) do not have it simply becauseeeeeeee I have heard of a case once with a customer that had a brand new Porsche with drivewise and according to the techs at Porsche, the reason the electronics of the car got missed up, was due to drivewise. Can this be a lie to protects Porsche ass and they knew the real problem? yes. However I personally DO NOT have it on my car. I do have many customers with much nicer cars than mine that has never had a problem but just throwing that out there to make your decision easier.

IF you have any questions (if your policy is in the state of NJ) my contact info is below

Javier Sanchez Licensed Sales Producer T: 201-867-2287 F: 201-867-1037 700 Plaza Drive Secaucus, NJ 07094
Quote:
Data Collected

The device collects the following data points:

Braking Intensity and Speed
Acceleration Rate
Miles Driven Over 80 MPH
Total Miles
Time of Driving
11pm-4am – High Risk
12pm-11pm – Moderate Risk
4am – 12pm – Low Risk
Data Used

When calculating premium discounts, Allstate uses the following factors:

Braking Habits
Mileage
Time of Driving
Speed
Sooooo.... Most of one's driving would be considered moderate risk?? That can't help.

The morning commute is low risk yet the g'ome trip is moderate???
Appreciate 0