View Single Post
      04-14-2021, 08:36 PM   #14
SaNGRia
Major
Rep
Drives: LCI E93 M3 + F85 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by gspannu View Post
Looking to order the 2014 5 series (LCI) soon...

Few questions regarding Driving Assistant Plus (Option Code 5AT)
- What all options does this include (on its own, not as part of a package)?
- Does 5AT include all features of Driving Assistant (Option 5AS)?
- Does 5AT include Active Cruise (Stop & Go) or will I have to order this separately?

- Can 5AT be ordered on its own as a single option (in the UK)?

Can someone generally explain what Driving Assistant Plus achieves? I mean the actual use of the features. The LCI press release talks about some technologies, but it is not really clear to me.

Thanks...
As my research goes since i am about to retrofit $5AT on to my F85 ,

5AT including 5DF + 5AS so if you want to do 5AT, you simply delete the 5DF and 5AS from the VO. And the new 5AU including 5AT + 5AR but requires FRSF radar which is FRR-02 instead of shorter range FRR-01 FRS and the minimum of 2020 iLevel with HRSNL and HRSNR- Rear Radar Sensor Short Range sensors.

I wanted to have 5AU instead of 5AT and even got the FRR-02 radar but there is too many thing to do in order to achieve this version, but if it can be implanted you also take advantage of day time pedestrian with traffic light recognition on ACC stop n go.

i returned the FRR-02 and got FRR-01. Soon i will do the retrofit and share with the community. Still waiting some more parts.
, F85 ACC Retrofit

Last edited by SaNGRia; 04-15-2021 at 07:08 PM..
Appreciate 1
gspannu199.50