View Single Post
      09-24-2010, 12:20 PM   #2
ALPINE6SPD
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 328i Sport

decent review but I dont know what they are saying about the car not being optioned out. It has the Convenience Package (comfort access entry, automatic high beams), Dynamic Handling Package (adjustable supension, 4 wheel Steering, and active roll stabilization) Premium Package 2 (rearview camera, rear sunshades, heated front seats, iPod and USB adapter, satellite radio and premium hi-fi audio), Sport Package (19-inch alloys, sport steering wheel and multi-contour seats) and split fold-down rear seats.
If the want the sport automatic and smartphone intergration it adds a WHOPPING $650 to the price.

As for the other options mentioned they are also options on the competitors cars as well. Also I sell and have sold BMWs for over 6 years and have sold radar cruise TWICE and have yet to sell rear climate control for the 5 series sedan. I wonder what car they drive to say the car didnt have a lot of options. They mush have a fuly loaded bentley or something. As for the $95,000 price you can make an e class cost $95,000 if you install every single options plus accesories so what is the point of mentioning that? I have yet to sell one of these for over $75,000 and I dont think anyone here has deliveried a 550i at even $75,000.

The majority of 550i go out about 69000-72,000 which is actually a great price considering a fully loaded 335i sedan is only $15,000-$17,000 LESS. The 550i is actually LESS money than an M3 by thousands. Would I take a 550i over an M3? No way but it IMO the best mid size 4 door anyone is offering this days espically because you can get a real manual transmission which feels great in the 550i. One area where the 550i (any new body 5 for that matter) could be better is in sterring feel. The sterring is a little light but still feels light years beyon Lexus and Mercedes and better than the A6. Just a quick review from me how the car stacks up and I wanted to explain the pricing further.
2008 AW X3 3.0si: 6 speed Returned
2006 AW e90 330i: 6 speed Dinan Stage 1 Returned
Appreciate 0