Noggie
Captain
Norway
Rep
Drives: E31 850i,i3s

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valery.BMW View Post
Congratulations, and I wish you will enjoy the car even more

On my previous petrol BMW I had to replace all the 6 ignition coils because they were permanently dying. Dealer said, this is because of fuel quality, change them to Bosch and forget the shudder, so I did.

As for quality and specifics we have summer and winter diesel too, and petrol is 92, 95 and 98. Some branded guys like BP or Shell are selling their own ultra-super-something in top of the traditional, but no difference detected except price. However in large cities fuel is considered to be of better quality than on the countryside from an uncle sitting in a tin booth in a middle of nowhere)

But OK, great you have it fixed. Maybe you post some pics, please.
Good luck
I have vistied your country a few years ago, was i Moscow, and in a place in Siberia called Surgut. So I have seen The guy in the tin booth.
I have a detaining thread but without any interior shots, I will try and get some pictures to post.

Quote:
Originally Posted by moldcad View Post
This is what still worries me. I have exactly the same shuddering as if the engine was laboring (too low rpms for a given gear), but hate to even think of giving my car to my local BMW service. They know nothing, and as long as their silly computer doesn't show a fault code dismiss "perfectionists" like myself with the "this is normal/up to specs" phrase
I know what you mean, I just checked the price list for the parts, and that was like 9000 euros, plus labour and troubleshooting.
I guess the cheap initial fix would be some injector cleaner additive in your fuel, or have them pull the injectors and have a look.
Sadly 6 new injectors are close to 4000 euros, so the additive might be worth a shot.
Appreciate 0